Last Updated: 6th November 2022
In line with the provisions of the Cameroon Data Privacy Laws and other applicable Data Privacy laws and regulations, Genie Capital maintains the following privacy principles, which govern how we collect, use and manage your personal data.
Lawful Reasons for Collecting Personal Data by the Bank
- The Consent of the Data Subject.
- Offer of our services to the Data Subject.
- Offer of employment to the Data Subject.
- Performance of Contract.
- Compliance with Legal obligation.
- Necessary to protect the vital interests of a person in line with Data Privacy regulations.
- Necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
- In the legitimate interests of the company (except where those interests are overridden by the interests or rights and freedoms of the data subject).
Collection of Personal Information
Genie Capital Ltd is a registered company with Headquarters at Tongacam Building Mile 18 Junction - Buea, Fako SWR - Cameroon.
As a responsible business, Genie Capital is committed to compliance with data protection regulations in collecting and processing personal data as defined in the Cameroon Data Privacy Laws and the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (GDPR) and other applicable Data Privacy regulations.
The GDPR give you certain rights regarding our use of your personal data, including the right to:
- Request access to the personal data we have collected about you to review, modify, or request deletion of the data
- Request a copy of the personal data that we have collected about you and to have any inaccuracies in that data corrected.
- Request that we cease processing your personal data
- Lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority.
- Data portability
Note that some laws may prevent us from providing access to your personal data or otherwise fully complying with your request depending upon the circumstances and the request. For example, producing your information may reveal another person’s identity. We reserve the right to charge an appropriate fee for complying with your request where applicable law allows, and/or deny your requests where they may be manifestly unfounded, and excessive, or otherwise objectionable or unwarranted under applicable law.
What do we need?
UGenie Capital Ltd will be known as the “controller” and “processor” of the personal data you provide to us. Genie Capital Ltd is a registered company with Headquarters at Tongacam Building Mile 18 Junction - Buea, Fako SWR - Cameroon.
We will only collect basic personal data from you, which will include Name, Address; Nationality; Email, Phone number, ID Number, and any other information as may be mandated by the regulatory requirements.
We will NEVER ask for personal banking information such as card details (CVV); PIN, Password; Secure Passcode; or Token number.
Why do we need it?
What do we do with it?
To enable you to obtain services through us, we will require to collect, store and process some of your personal data as required under the law. Your consent is required to make our services available to you in accordance with the law/regulation in force.
Use or Sharing of Personal Data
All personal data collected will be processed from our Headquarters or any of our subsidiaries and may be shared with Third parties and Service providers to complete the service to the customers in line with Cameroon Data Privacy Laws, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any applicable Data Protection Laws.
In addition, we may disclose your personal data:
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- If disclosure is necessary to protect the vital interests of a person;
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- To protect our property, services and legal rights;
- To support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; or
- To comply with any applicable laws.
- At Genie Capital, safety and security are our top priorities, and we always strive to ensure that your personal data shall be protected against unauthorised or accidental access. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data with us.
- Our web servers are protected behind "firewalls", and our systems are monitored to prevent unauthorised access. We will not send personal information to you by ordinary email. As the security of ordinary email cannot be guaranteed, you should only send emails to us using the secure email facility on our website.
- All practical steps shall be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that the Bank will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements concerning the retention of personally identifiable information.
- Our commitment to Data Security is paramount to us at Genie Capital. Your personally identifiable information is kept secure in line with applicable Data Protection Regulations. Only authorised members of staff, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
- Genie Capital and its customers shall play an important role in protecting against online fraud. You should be careful that your bank account details, including your User ID and Password, are not compromised by ensuring that you do not knowingly or accidentally share, provide or facilitate unauthorised use of it. Please do not share your User ID and password or allow access or use of it by others. Genie Capital endeavours to put in place high standards of security to protect your interests.
- You should safeguard your unique User ID and Password by keeping them secret and confidential. Never write them down or share these details with anyone. If you think your User ID and password have been disclosed to a third party, are lost or stolen, and unauthorised transactions may have been conducted, you are responsible for informing us immediately.
Where you share personal data of third parties with us, including your directors, officers and authorised signatories (Data Subjects), you are responsible for and warrant that you shall obtain their written consent for the processing and transfer of their personal data for the purpose of your contract with us and the provision of banking services to you.
Privacy Contact Information
Phone: +237 657 169 022,
Tongacam Building, Mile 18 Junction - Buea, Fako SWR - Cameroon